Unit 1: Government at Work
Week 1: Model & Guide
- Identify Key Details & Determine Main Idea
- Build Vocabulary: Use Context Clues
- Identify Author's Purpse
- Analyze Sequence
- Identify & Summarize Key Story Events
- Identify Points of View
- Compare and Contrast an Informational and Literary Text
- Short vowels (one-syllable words
- Initial Blends
- Final Blends
- Consonant Digraphs (ch, sh, tch, dge, th, wh, ph)
- Use commas in greetings and closings
Prompt: After reading g"Smoke Jumpers," imagine that you are a smoke jumper. Write a journal entry about your experiences fighting a fire. Your narrative should use facts and details you have learned from reading "Smoke Jumpers." Writing Process
- Read and Analyze the Prompt
- Reread to Find Text Evidence
- Plan Your Journal Entry
- Draft Your Journal Entry
- Revise & Edit Your Journal Entry
Module 1: Sum and Differences to 100
Module 1 consists of 8 Lessons. The students will have their first assessment at the completion of the module.
Lesson 4: Make a ten to add within 20.
Lesson 5: Make a ten to add within 100.
Lesson 6: Subtract single-digit numbers from multiples of 10 within 100.
Take from ten within 20.
Lesson 8: Take from ten within 100.
Monday 8/27: Review Module 1
Tuesday 8/28: Module 1 Assessment