"Solving Problems Through Technology"
Week 3: Apply & Extend
- Identify Key Details and Determine Main Ideas
- Build Vocabulary: Compound Words
- Analyze Author's Purpose
- Draw Inferences from Two Informational Texts
Phonics & Spelling
- Vowel Teams /ou/ syllable patterns (ou, ow)
Fluency & Phrasing
Phrasing: subject / predicate
Speed / Pacing: short pause
- Use irregular plural nouns
Week 1 & 2: Imagine you invented something that helped you solve a problem. Write a short story describing your invention. Your narrative should use facts and details you have learned from reading "A Woman with Vision".
Week 3 & 4: Of all the inventions you read about in this unit, which do you think has ben the most helpful to people's lives? Why? In a short essay, state your opinion and provide reasons to support it. Use evidence from two of the reading selections to support your opinion.
- Read and Analyze the Prompt
- Reread to Find Text Evidence
- Plan Your Narrative
- Draft Your Narrative
- Revise and Edit
Module 6: Foundations of Multiplication and Division.
Lesson 1: Use manipulative to create equal groups.
Lesson 2: Use math drawings to represent equal groups, and relate to repeated addition.
Lesson 3: Use math drawings to represent equal groups, and relate to repeated addition.